Cossmass Infinities is open for submissions on the following dates:
- For Black, Asian, Latin, LGBTQ+ and other under-represented authors:
- January 1st-7th
- March 1st-7th
- May 1st-7th
- July 1st-7th
- September 1st-7th
- November 1st-7th
- For All authors:
- February 1st-7th
- April 1st-7th
- June 1st-7th
- August 1st-7th
- October 1st-7th
- December 1st-7th
i.e. Open during the first week of each month, alternating between BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and other under-represented authors one month and general submissions the other.
- Submission windows open and close at midnight UTC.
- Submissions made outside of these times will be automatically rejected.
Cossmass Infinities is a Science Fiction and Fantasy short story magazine edited by Paul Campbell.
- We are looking for original science fiction and fantasy short stories.
- We are NOT looking for reprints at this time.
- We are actively interested in stories from Black, Asian, Latin, LGBTQ+ and other under-represented authors.
- We encourage new authors to submit.
- We are looking for short stories (1000-7,500 words) and novelettes (7,501-17,500 words).
- We pay $0.08/word for original fiction.
- We can only accept manuscripts in these formats: docx, doc, html, htm, rtf, odt, txt, azw, mobi.
- The rights we wish to obtain are listed in the sample contract for original fiction.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- Multiple submissions are not accepted. Held submissions do not count against you.
- Payment is through Paypal.
- Submit only complete stories.
- Please allow 3 months for a decision, then feel free to reply to your notification email to enquire as to the status of your story.
An email confirming receipt of your submission will be sent within 20 minutes of us receiving it. Note that your submission is sent to us via an email from the form processor service (formsubmit.co) which may occasionally take longer than 20 minutes to reach us. If you haven’t received a notification after a day then either resubmit your story or contact us.
To clarify for under-represented authors: Whether you ‘qualify’ as under-represented is something that you decide for yourself. We are not going to act as a gatekeeper on this, nor do we need you to justify your qualification. There is absolutely no requirement or request for you to tell us, in your cover letter or elsewhere, why you feel you qualify.
Cossmass Infinities is published three times a year in January, May and September.
We look forward to reading your work.
Submissions are not open at the moment.
If they should be open, see dates above, try reloading the page, or using another computer.